Friday, 21 August 2015

Process Shots and Set Up

All the shots that I took during my process that I did not have time to blog while completing my video and all the parts of the video that did not make it

Building my Camera Holder
Some Styrofoam taken from the bins at work it was nice and flat and easy to cut into. Also because of the length of it I was able to suspend it and still get a working shot. Masking take added because I cut the original hole too big.


Phone Fit Snugly in this gap

Overall system worked quite well ^.^


Set up For 1st Scene

This was the set up for the first scene of the film. The light on the right unfortunately did not really do much as it was a different colour to the one on the left and did not have as much power. But the lighting still came out ok as the phones front light when recording helped to balance.


Audio Recording Dungeon 

My audio booth. Experimented using both a desk mounted microphone and the microphone attached to my headset. But the desktop system won in the end


Reading in the dark was not fun

Head goes under the towel and into the pillow fort. Also of takes were cut short due to the lack of lighting that was getting in. Occasionally this worked out well as my deviations from the script were funny, other times I would just stop, crash and burn. Also as a side not would not recommend doing and accent, my throat was killing me after recording.

Working out Cutout Sizes

Printed everything in black and white first to see how the sides would come out and look on the background. Then also looked at options for completely cutting figures out or leaving the white border. In the end I decided the leave the borders in, as I was going for a whacky 'cheap' looking production style.


This is where the magic happened

This was the set up for the majority of filming. The ironing board was just high enough that I would suspend the camera and still use my hands to move pieces around underneath. I originally tried to build some sort of cardboard support to sit the foam on, however, there were issues getting it level.


Very early controller prototype

Little bit of masking tape to hold the lock in place and a print out of the style of buttons I wanted to go with. When initially filming the lock interaction scene, the lock was moving everywhere and I had to hold with one hand and spin with the other which made it very clunky and hard to see on screen. Once it was secured it was a lot easier to manipulate. Made the left and right buttons quarter circles for extra linkage to the theme.

I was going to add in the video parts that did not make it in. But this is getting to be a hefty post so I will put it in another entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment