Friday, 21 August 2015

Early Storyboards and Video Planning

Has these initial ideas floating around late last week after taking the Ekka Show day off (and subsequently doing nothing) but put them all down on Friday. Shout out to Steven Scott who also helped me with some of the initial brainstorming for the storyboard.


Very Rough Storyboard


These were some of my rough initial thoughts. There was originally going to be gameplay from the original street fighter game of the user controlled character dying over and over. This was going to have narration over the top before cutting someone looking depressed about their lack of skill. 

I was stuck after this point as to how I would introduce the combination lock system and the core gameplay of opening locks rather than typical beat em up. Some ideas that were being tossed around was a Rocky style training montage of someone strapping their fingers and working out to improve their gaming skills. Then action shots using the combination controller. Another idea was to have live action acting out of a scene where I would walk through and actually dumpster dive, the last picture is me jumping up and down with glee. I would have been able to accomplish this at my workplace at they have a loading dock, but the lighting was no especially good.


Slightly More Developed Story Board


This was my second board after I had roughly laid out the kind of structure that I wanted. The general idea using the gameplay and the depressed Street Fighter player to set the scene and the problem. Before placing the new game into context and explaining the inspirations. Finally how the game would play and the non-traditional controller would be shown before end credits.

No comments:

Post a Comment