Monday, 10 August 2015

More Brainstorming

Breaking up my maps so that they do not all crowd the one entry and suffer from TLDR syndrome. Maps for all the arcade games (Tetris, Space Invaders, Street Fighter) I looked at are here.


Brainstorming Results for Tetris
Sometimes I think it is probably better that there is no record of the amount of hours spent staring at my tiny Gameboy screen playing this game. I was hoping to find that Tetris would be one of the more interesting games but this was the brainstorm I struggled with the most. Perhaps it is just the simplicity and that never ending music that kept me coming back to this game (more likely there was nothing better to play I think). Overall I do not think i will be using Tetris elements for my mash-ups, when its this much of a struggle just to break the game down I think it will be hard to be inspired to create a new game out of it.


Brainstorm Results for Space Invaders
Another of my childhood staples. I think it provides a lot of options and interesting elements that could be used in other games. Shooting, Tanks, Aliens obviously but I really like the idea of taking the simple cover system it used. Maybe without the degrading effects as that could prove difficult to implement but definitely an interesting idea. Also the simplicity of the green on black look is one to remember.

Brainstorm Results for Street Fighter

Street-Fighter a game I thoroughly enjoy but am terrible at. It has a lot interesting elements which could be used in a game mash up. Punching, kicking fighting and general top level stuff but more advanced button inputs combo's spacing timing blocking and other aspects which could be used in other styles of games. The traditional joystick style input allows for different interactions to a normal keyboard and mouse game and could be looked into more.

No comments:

Post a Comment