After the session exercises we had some free time to play around with the Makey Makeys and try to get our interactive prototypes working. My hacked together paper set up is shown below.
![]() |
| Early Lock Prototypes |
After this initial playing I can see that for the next few weeks I am going to need a lot of aluminium foil. The other thing that became obvious is that I am going to need a larger scale lock to make sure that I can get enough contact to rotate the lock correctly. My initial idea is to make a circle which has a number of tabs on it representing the points on the dial and some sort of top with an arm which will make contact with the tabs as it rotates.
Should this style of set up work I will hopefully only have to change my prototype code slightly so that it listens for KeyUP events rather than KeyDOWN events. So that when the arm stops making contact with a point the dial on screen rotates one point.

No comments:
Post a Comment